CED612 Career & Academic Counseling
Lead Faculty: Dr. Rollin Nordgren
This course provides a general examination of current career development/ career education literature including theories and major concepts, career education programs and practices, resource materials, academic and career counseling skills, and the use of computerized career information systems. Practicum experience is required.
- Articulate occupational and career educational trends, information and theories without limitation of cultural bias.
- Implement appropriate types of career assessment procedures and relevant to career planning and decision making and articulate the limitation of testing as it applies to career counseling.
- Analyze educational requirements for various future life choices develop guidance plan for implementation.
- Encourage the development of individual potentialities and competencies and diminish cultural and gender prejudices as it pertains to the world of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate the appropriateness of research and evaluation techniques based on an analysis of recent literature and current practices in career counseling.