Concentration in Project Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles PickettThis concentration is designed for students who seek specialized knowledge in the field of project management by preparing them for careers in industry. The undergraduate curriculum prepares people who choose a career in the discipline and elect to go on to their professional certification in Project Management and/or their MBA. Project Management is one of the most emphasized management roles by organizations as a career path. The concentration can position a student to realize job opportunities that increase his or her potential for future earnings.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Compare and distinguish between projects and the on-going nature of operations.
- Explain the elements of project initiation, project implementation and termination.
- Design the project and define work breakdown structure, develop budgets and schedules, resource allocations, and project control techniques.
- Apply cost accounting concepts to a project according to its contractual parameters, and track the project according to its planned milestones and measurement of value.
- Formulate a plan to create an infrastructure of parallel projects that builds critical chains to multitask efforts.
- MGT 451 Production & Ops Management I