MGT605 Organization Mgmt & Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionThis course distinguishes the fundamental practices of sound management functions to the understanding of effective leadership. Organizations need both leadership and management understanding to function effectively in creating the learning organization. Students will learn to analyze and create plans for strategic management, and apply leadership concepts and approaches.
- Utilize leadership theories, concepts, and approaches to make participative decisions, integrate the components of creating a learning organization, and evaluate organizational structures and culture as supportive of organization direction and strategy.
- Analyze the relationships between leadership theory, management methods, and how these impact upon individual and organizational effectiveness. Define how successful companies utilize Paradoxical Thinking to achieve a competitive advantage.
- Analyze problems regarding cross functional team building, creating authority, accountability, managing conflict, setting goals, and measuring performance and quality.
- Managing projects, designing work and managing across functions.
- Develop and communicate vision, evaluate organizational structures and culture as supportive of organization direction and strategy.
- Learn how think paradoxically and utilize paradoxical thinking.