MKT653 Social Media
Lead Faculty: Dr Mary Beth McCabe
Course DescriptionThis course gives a foundation to the practical business applications of social media in a marketing world. Through Facebook, Linkedin, blogs, YouTube, Pinterest and other platforms, students discover that social media is for more than just making friends and that there are now only a few degrees of separation globally. Students learn that social media is about marketing at the right time, place and with the right message for existing as well as prospective customers with both legal and ethical behaviors.
- Describe the challenges in social media, including how businesses listen, respond and energize their customers.
- Evaluate various platforms of social media and its benefits, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, blogs and Twitter.
- Analyze the effectiveness of integrating social media marketing with offline marketing for business, governmental, and not-for-profit entities.
- Compile marketing challenges and opportunities in the global social media environment.
- Evaluate social media strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of social media concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.