MKT633 Sales Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
This course is a survey of all facets of sales management, including estimating sales potential and forecasting sales, manning territories, selecting, training, motivating, supervising and compensating the sales force, and interfacing with other company functions. Also covered are typical sales management problems and potential solutions.
- Develop a plan for organizing, staffing and training a sales force.
- Know the distinction between the skills required for selling and sales management.
- Identify the key factors in establishing and maintaining high morale in the sales force.
- Develop an effective sales compensation plan.
- Evaluate the performance of a sales person.
- Organize sales territories to maximize selling effectiveness.
- Evaluate sales and sales management strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.