MKT602 Marketing Management
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionAn in-depth examination of marketing environments and the impact marketing activities have on organizational operations in competitive, global, multicultural business settings, the course discusses both domestic and international frameworks of the fundamental marketing functions of product, pricing, distribution, and promotion. It explores and analyzes modern marketing problems and solutions from conceptual, legal, social, and ethical perspectives. It explains marketing information systems and the use of advanced technologies in marketing decision making.
- Describe how the Internet is changing the ways companies market their products.
- Identify a target market and its product market segments.
- Apply the marketing mix towards a specific target market.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing product marketing strategy.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
- Evaluate marketing strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice, including social media.