MKT302A Marketing Fundamentals
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionThis course is the introduction to contemporary marketing theory and its application in the marketing implementation process. It places special focus on identifying market opportunity, product development, promotion planning, pricing decisions, and channels of distribution.
- Describe how the Internet is changing the ways companies market.
- Identify market segments and target markets.
- Describe the various functions that are included in the marketing discipline.
- Discuss the interrelationship between marketing and other functions, such as finance, accounting, engineering, production and human resources.
- Apply the marketing mix towards a specific target market using the concepts of market research to determine the effectiveness.
- Explain the relationship between cultural diversity and marketing in a global economy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing product marketing strategy.
- Identify current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.