MKT230 Basic Advertising Concepts
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Beth McCabe
Course DescriptionIntroduction to the principles of advertising where students learn how to select and use the various advertising media to meet specific marketing problems and opportunities. It encompasses an overview of radio, television, print media, outdoor advertising, and media budgets.
- Recognize the way Internet is impacting advertising, including spam, cookies, banners, web logs, etc.
- Select the best media vehicle to market a product or service.
- Know their customers and plan an advertising campaign.
- Describe the basic components of a successful media campaign for his/her line of business.
- Comprehend the cost/benefit relationship for each media type.
- Identify current legal and ethical standards of practice in advertising.