MGT608 Managerial Support Systems
Survey of the principal information systems applications and how business decisions are facilitated by these applications, including information as a competitive resource. Also covered are supply chain management, enterprise resource planning, and knowledge management. Topics are approached from a systems standpoint, emphasizing effective managerial use of such systems.
- Synthesize the use of information to aid in making effective decisions.
- Integrate the benefits of enterprise-wide systems for the organization.
- Appraise the value of enterprise resource planning for the business.
- Integrate the use of enterprise-wide systems in the daily operations of the organization.
- Assess the fundamentals of supply chain management.
- Analyze the different models developed for supply chain systems.
- Integrate the use of these topics into the solution of cases that simulate real-world companies.