BIM606 Info Mgmt for Leaders
Course DescriptionThis course focuses on the strategic role of information technology (IT) in todayandapos;s dynamic organizations. Emphasis is placed on the application of IT strategies to align to the organizationandamp;#8217;s strategic planning, customer analysis, rapid decision-making, and problem solving. Topics will include: (a) harvesting information as organization asset; (b) prioritizing the gaps between where the organization is today and where it needs to be in the future; (c) integrating information into the vision, goals, and mission of organizations; (d) using advanced IT to implement change; and (e) analyzing information to achieve competitive advantage. Technical skills needed in storing, updating, and retrieving information, building, and using Web-based applications and business forecasting will also be covered.
- Implement information management theories/strategies appropriately to diverse situation and organizations.
- Assess technological systems that support information management.
- Establish the ethical implications of various information management systems and processes, as well as the place of information management in an organization.
- Use information management knowledge and skills to solve problems presented in case studies.
- Demonstrate appropriate written and oral skills, technology and ethical leadership skills in organizational settings.