PMA220 Risk Management
Overview of the concept of risk from the owner's, property manager's, and stakeholder's points of view, emphasizing risk mitigation for litigation and insurance purposes.
- Discuss risk management principles as they apply to real estate in general and property management in particular.
- Describe the relevant insurance concerns for the property manager.
- Identify the various sources and potential property management impacts of risk.
- Describe the role of the professional property manager in mitigating risk for all parties concerned in terms of financial, economic, societal, health, and environmental losses.
- Analyze the risks involved in a given situation and identify options available to mitigate risk exposure.