LED605 Conflict and Power Dynamics
Lead Faculty: Dr Julia L. Buchanan
Course DescriptionIntegration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to design, conduct, and evaluate effective conflict resolution and negotiation practices. Course topics include interpersonal and intra-group conflict resolution; persuasion, problem solving techniques and decision-making in conflict resolution; overcoming bias, anger, and retaliation. Students will develop leadership and dialogue skills used to navigate conflict situations, and begin to detect conflicts as potential clues of organizational challenges.
- Design, implement, and evaluate effective conflict resolution strategies for teams and organizations
- Analyze potential strategies for resolving interpersonal anger, aggression, bias, and cultural differences.
- Evaluate the impact of diversity, ethics and critical thinking, on conflict resolution, negotiation and power.
- Evaluate the role of conflict as indicative of emerging issues in organizations
- Apply conflict resolution strategies, including dialogue, to real work situations.