HOS200 Introduction to Hospitality
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
Course DescriptionOverview of the major segments of the hospitality industry. The structure and the operations of the industry are discussed in addition to career possibilities, industry trends to include lodging, gaming, food and beverage, and travel and tourism operations.
- Define the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Explain the principal factors influencing growth of the industry.
- Identify key trends driving change in employment opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Explain how hospitality service companies are responding to changes in the labor force.
- Compare and contrast lodging, food service, travel, tourism, attractions, recreation, and gaming establishments.
- Describe the importance of guest service and the hospitality spirit.
- Synthesize the use of on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.