HCM220 Intro to Casino Marketing
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael Charles Pickett
Course DescriptionExamination of the application of the traditional marketing functions to the areas of the hospitality and casino industries. Students will develop the fundamental skills required in the use of marketing tools.
- Define the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Explain the principal factors influencing growth of the industry.
- Identify key trends driving change in employment opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Explain how hospitality service companies are responding to changes in the labor force.
- Compare and contrast lodging, food service, travel, tourism, attractions, recreation, and gaming establishments.
- Synthesize the use of on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.