Specialization in Mobile Marketing and Social Media
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Beth McCabeThe Specialization in Mobile Marketing and Social Media academically prepares MBA students for a range of marketing-related careers, including: mobile marketing managers, project managers, digital brand managers, social media managers, community managers, entrepreneurs, and job opportunities with agencies and related service businesses as well as the public sector such as local, city, regional and national government and non-profit organizations. The specialization in the MBA is designed for students with some, little or no marketing experience with an undergraduate degree in any discipline. Upon completion of the specialization, students will be able to direct content, mobile and social media strategy across an enterprise, large or small. This includes building brand awareness through online channels, interfacing with customers and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, internal partners and vendors, the integration of community elements on and off the organization s website, mobile and social monetization and collaborating with related departments within the organization to execute on key initiatives. Students who complete this specialization will be equipped to lead others in their organizations, providing expert support in mobile marketing and social media related activities to company and vendor partners. Course content is based upon the most current successful marketing business practices and ethical behaviors. A global approach to understanding the turbulent changes in the marketplace and how that affects businesses products and services is included in the curriculum.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and assess mobile marketing and social media strategies for a business.
- Apply ethical behavior and legal knowledge of mobile marketing and social media.
- Integrate the 3 C’s: Communication, Content, and Commerce using current cases in mobile marketing and social media.
- Develop marketing strategies to plan the three M’s: Monitoring, Measurement, and Metrics.
- Utilize mobile marketing and social media marketing principles and procedures applicable to business, governmental, and not-for-profit entities.
- Create strategic plans using mobile marketing and social media and develop, implement and evaluate their effectiveness for products or services in a global marketplace.
- Create and present a mobile marketing and social media plan for an existing company in both written and oral forms to faculty, industry experts and classmates.
Core Requirements (5 courses; 22.5 quarter units)