Concentration in Economics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Wali I. Mondal
Economics is often called the foundation of business disciplines. This concentration is designed for those students who are interested in learning how a society makes economic decisions in allocating its scarce resources. Students will also learn how individuals, businesses and the government work together toward achieving the goals of a society. The concentration is designed for students who can progress to higher levels of economic knowledge after taking the principles of macroeconomics and the principles of microeconomics. The concentration has been designed to provide adequate levels of quantitative skills with a view to analyzing economic data. This analytical ability will help students succeed in graduate studies in all business disciplines including Finance, Management and Marketing. The concentration will also prepare students for a successful experience in the law school or other professional training.
Students earning a BAM degree with concentration in Economics may find a wide array of employment opportunities in local, state and federal government, in private sector, and in international organizations including the United Nations organizations and the Peace Corps.
For guidance and recommendations concerning the concentration in Economics, please contact the above-named Faculty.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply ethical and legal principles to business environment
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in the areas of business math, economics, accounting, finance, and operations management needed to make sound business decisions
- Apply knowledge in the fields of management, business knowledge management, and marketing to different business environments
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program to analyze a business, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and determine what changes can be made for improvement
- Conduct independent research relevant to business-related issues
- Demonstrate written and oral presentation skills expected of a business school graduate
- Develop a global business perspective based on the knowledge of foreign business environments and cultures