ECO415 Labor Economics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Wali I. Mondal
Students will engage in a detailed study of the labor market. Students will learn about the relation of the labor market to other markets. Students will study the demand for and supply of labor, the causes of unemployment, labor market discrimination, what influences the productivity of labor, the effects of labor unions, and the determinants of wages, among other topics.
- Explain the relationship of the labor market to other markets.
- Analyze the effect of labor unions.
- Explain and analyze the determinants of wages.
- Show what causes changes in the productivity of labor.
- Perform supply and demand analysis in the labor market.
- Explain what causes unemployment.