Concentration in Accounting Professional Skills
This concentration is designed for students to obtain additional coursework and skills necessary for many professional opportunities in the field of accounting. For instance, to be a licensed CPA in the state of CA, students need 180 quarter units (150 semester units). Units may be obtained at the undergraduate or graduate level. The only units that are specified is 4.5 quarter units (3 semester units) of Accounting Ethics. The specialization introduces accounting ethics into our curriculum in addition to other courses that will assist students in preparing for professional exams. Interviewing for internships or jobs, networking, and obtaining data analytic skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify key issues and recognize alternative viewpoints when presented with ethical problems and dilemmas
- Evaluate ethical decision processes between professional accountants and major stakeholders in various areas or professional accounting
- Enhance skills to effectively recruit and network within a professional accounting environment
- Demonstrate and apply accounting knowledge to real world situations or professional examination boards
- Manage, communicate and analyze information using advance technology skills