FIN673 Valuation of a Corporation
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
Valuation is designed to explain the theories of valuing a corporation. Topics include: foundations of value, core valuation techniques, how to create value, estimating continuing value, valuing multinational companies, and cross-border and emerging markets valuation.
- Compare and contrast shareholder value maximization to stakeholder value maximization.
- Analyze the impact of short-term orientation (ROI, EPS andamp;#8230;) on the shareholder value.
- Compare and contrast the economic profit to discounted cash flow approaches.
- Evaluate the impact of capital structure on corporate valuation.
- Assess the impact of the financial statement treatments of the convertible debt to the estimation of equity value.
- Compare and contrast the variable valuation tools.
- Evaluate a value creation tree. What benefit does a manager gain by employing a value creation tree analysis as an integral component of performance measurement and analysis.
- Assess the role of valuation during the merger and acquisition process.
- Formulate how senior executive should prepare the organization for cultural shift after merge.
- Evaluate the characteristics of a cyclical company. How does the valuation of cyclical company differ from the valuation of a non-cyclical one?