FIN501 Finance Fundamentals
Lead Faculty: Dr. Farhang Mossavar-Rahmani
This course is an introduction to finance for students with knowledge of accounting fundamentals but with no previous exposure to the subject of finance. Topics in this two-week course include security markets, time value of money, short-term and long-term financing, and working capital management. Grading is S or U only.
- Understand the nature and importance of financial management for decision-making.
- Apply the concept of time value of money in evaluating various financing alternatives.
- Utilize the concept of working capital in analyzing the stability of the company.
- Understand and apply the concepts of cash and marketable securities management.
- Comprehend and apply the concepts of Accounts Receivable and Inventory management.