FIN651 Commercial Bank Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
This course is a detailed analysis of the functional areas of banking including the management of deposits, cash, loans, and other asset accounts. Current problem areas in banking such as liquidity, capital adequacy, and problem loans are explored, as well as bank investment accounts and their relationship to profitability and liquidity.
- Compare and contrast all types of regulation of the Commercial Banking Industry.
- Distinguish and classify all aspects of Commercial Bank Loans.
- Analyze Asset-Liability Management Techniques and related Hedging techniques.
- Compare Sources of Funds.
- Compare and Contrast economic policy and its effects on the business community.
- Synthesize and integrate Commercial Bank Investment and Liquidity Issues.
- Explain the changes in the Commercial Bank Industry and their effects on industry.
- Identify the components of the Federal Reserve System and define and discuss their roles in the operation of the Commercial Banking Industry.