FIN455 Valuation of a Corporation
Lead Faculty: Dr. Farhang Mossavar-Rahmani
Valuation is designed to explain the theories of valuing a corporation. Topics include: foundations of value, core valuation techniques, how to create value, estimating continuing value, valuing multinational companies, and cross-border and emerging markets valuation.
- Describe the concept of valuation and the role of the Value Manager.
- Discuss the fundamental principles of value creation.
- Compare and contrast the relationship between valuation and stock market.
- Discuss the framework for valuation.
- Analyze company’s historical performance.
- Estimate continuing value.
- Understand performance measurement and management.
- Discuss how to create value through divestitures.