FIN448 Seminar in Finance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
This is a capstone course for students specializing in the area of finance. It exposes students to a wide range of finance related topics, including issues affecting the current financial environment of business firms. The course integrates material from previous courses taken in the finance concentration and introduces the topics of capital budgeting and the process of obtaining long-term funds.
- Articulate the principles and tenets of a significant, contemporary issues relevant to financial decision-making.
- Apply research skills and use recognized finance and business publications and journals for analysis purposes.
- Integrate critical-thinking skills in evaluating significant contemporary financial issues.
- Analyze a capital budgeting project using the net present value and internal rate of return techniques and provide a supportable recommendation.
- Estimate the cost of capital for a firm.
- Analyze competing long-term financing alternative and provide a supportable recommendation.