Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the role of the paralegal in the American legal system.
- Analyze the basic issues of a legal problem.
- Develop paralegal skills in investigation, legal research, and client and witness interviews.
- Identify common paralegal tasks in substantive areas of the law.
- Develop written and oral communication skills in a legal environment.
- Explain how ethical standards generally apply to paralegals in the practice of law.
- PLA 200 Legal Theory & Ethics
- PLX 2100X Torts
- PLA 201 English for Professionals
- PLX 2101X Leg Res Wrtg-Briefing/Analysis
- PLX 2102X Contracts
- PLX 2103X Leg Res Wrtg-Legal Memo
- PLA 202 Property
- PLA 203 Leg Res Wrtg-Persuasive Wrtg.
- PLX 2105X Computers & the Law
- PLA 303 Law Office Administration
- PLA 318 Remedies & Dispute Resolution
- PLA 325 Litigation I