PAD401 Public Policy Development
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
This course discusses the public policy issues facing communities and the role of the public administrator in implementing policy. Examines the role of community action groups in developing and influencing policies. Evaluates the impact of policy decisions on communities and the ethical issues surrounding decisions.
- Describe the process of public policy formulation in public sector agencies emphasizing the role of bureaucracies.
- Explain the role of the public administrator the implementing and executing policy.
- Explain the role of community action groups in developing and influencing public policy.
- Describe the current public policy issues facing administrators.
- Describe the social impact of public policy issues on stakeholders.
- Discuss the ethical issues surrounding the current public policy issues.