SCR665 Introduction to TV Writing
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss M.F.A.
This one-month seminar focuses on making students conversant in elements of series idea creation as well as offering a general overview of the history of television, how the TV business works and the differences between one-hour drama and sit-com writing.
- Evaluate varying examples of television scriptwriting for content and form
- Analyze how television constructs are both similar and different from screenplays.
- Critique and parse the unique conventions of the medium in understanding how the television industry initiates and produces TV scripts.
- Implement and integrate elements unique to television sit-com scriptwriting into writing exercises.
- Implement and integrate elements unique to television long form (dramatic) script writing into writing exercises.