PLA 303 Law Office Administration
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bryan Hance
Explores the organization and functioning of a law office. Topics include financial planning and management, problem-solving techniques, personnel administration, job descriptions, hiring practices, new employee orientation and training techniques, salary administration, productivity measurement, and interpersonal considerations.
- Examine the way in which a law firm typically is organized.
- Examine the way in which a law firm or corporate law practice functions.
- Select and appraise various means of successfully handling personnel matters.
- Analyze unsuccessful ways of handling personnel matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to use assessment tools for measuring worker productivity.
- Evaluate financial planning and business management techniques for successfully running a law practice.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.