PAD205 Research Methods in Public Adm
Lead Faculty: Dr Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionThe purpose of this course is to acquaint students with major research and analytical techniques used in public policy and administration. The course is intended to both promote an understanding of the theories and approaches to public administration research and to assist the student to acquire a working knowledge of the skills involved in research analysis.
- Understand the major theoretical and philosophical approaches to research in public policy and administration.
- Become familiar with the major techniques in research in public policy and administration.
- Develop the skills necessary to find, read and understand, and critique published research.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the skills involved in research and analysis, as well as problems, obstacles, and ethical concerns.
- Learn how to differentiate among and interpret commonly used statistics.