MDC683 Production Management
Lead Faculty: Mr. Edward Alyn Warren III, MFA
Working collaboratively as director, director of photography, assistant director, or production manager, students develop a film production from pre-production through production and post-production. Includes script breakdowns for budget, schedule, casting, location, cinematography and production design, on-set procedures, and post-production work-flow.
- Collaborate as a production team lead (director, associate
producer, director of photography, assistant director,
production designer or gaffer) to design the production of a
short digital motion picture.
- Generate the requisite script breakdowns that include the
necessary dramatic, operational, and technical elements
necessary to move a film project into production .
- Design the production plan for a short digital motion picture
project that includes: a production schedule, budget, casting,
production design, staffing and logistical requirements.
- Generate the requisite professional pre-production
documentation checklists and forms required for a motion
- Evaluate the mise-en-scene for a short digital motion picture by
applying professional cinematic concepts in the areas of
blocking, shot selection, lighting, sound and production design