HSE490 Supervised Senior Project
Course DescriptionFor the supervised senior project, a two month course is undertaken by students upon completion of all core courses in the program. Students select a committee and a viable topic related to domestic security to research, and present the completed project to the committee, other faculty, and peers in an open forum. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Develop a research question.
- Formulate a testable research hypothesis.
- Conduct a literature review.
- Describe an appropriate research methodology to answer the research question.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations based on the available data.
- Make an oral presentation of research findings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues surrounding the collecting and reporting of research data.
- Describe how diversity issues may influence the choice of research topics, research methodology, and the application of research findings to the justice system.