DSM440 Crisis Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Kenneth Goldberg DPA
A study of incident assessment and methods that determine to what degree a crisis is unfolding and then develop a strategy to manage the consequences of the crisis. This course provides students with the knowledge of how local, state, and federal agencies come together and interact in different crisis scenarios.
- Define crisis and consequence management.
- Assess a crisis incident and then develop an emergency operations plan.
- Apply the "Incident Command System" to any developing emergency crisis situation.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of "Local" Response Plan and the Federal Response Plan.
- Know what is contained in Presidential Decision Directive 39 (PDD-39) and how it might possibly affect an emergency operations plan.