MDC651 Digital Cinematography
This workshop focuses on digital cinematography and the aesthetic aspects of cinematic practice. Students evaluate core concepts of cinematography: composition, lighting, camera movement, lens selection and the technical limitations and advantages of digital cinematography. Taken concurrently with MDC 651P 'studio practicum,' students apply cinematic techniques using digital still and video cameras to shoot projects with live subjects.
- Evaluate the aesthetic principles and techniques associated with the art and craft of cinematography.
- Evaluate cinematic techniques used by cinematographers to construct meaning and emotional engagement in an audience.
- Evaluate the technical parameters and specifications of professional digital cinematography.
- Critique the creative works of others using relevant critical models and professional vocabulary of the craft of cinematography.
- Generate a variety of aesthetic and technical solutions to production problems faced by filmmakers in the production of digital motion picture sequences.
- Design a shooting plan for a narrative script that applies the technical standards and techniques of narrative cinematography.