FLM305 Nonfiction Storytelling
Course DescriptionCovers the development of nonfiction media content for the screen. Students develop project ideas for short subject programs such as profiles of a person, a process and/or a place. Written products include outlines, treatments, and conceptual storyboards that incorporate images, text, audio, and video elements. Project ideas will be adapted for the Production I practicum.
- Identify the elements of a nonfiction media program.
- Identify valid sources of information used in the development of nonfiction media projects.
- Classify documentary projects based on formal elements, approach, and style.
- Summarize the story of a documentary narrative.
- Construct a treatment for a nonfiction media project.
- Incorporate images, text, audio, and video elements into a nonfiction project.