Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate Program
If you are interested in alternative Teaching Opportunities, the TESOL certificate may be a good fit for you.
A comprehensive series of five content courses that culminate in a practicum project designed to offer maximum teaching experience. The principal goal of the certificate is to develop knowledge, and teaching skills through hands on practice to teach ESL at any level.
Completion of the TESOL certificate can give you access to many opportunities to each English both in the US and abroad.
The six course certificate program can be completed in as little as six months.
You will benefit from this program is you:
- Are interested in the languages and cultures of other countries
- Seek skills that are in high demand
- Seek new and exciting career opportunities
- Are considering or are already in a career in education, international business, government, foreign service, the military, or security
What you will learn:
- To apply effective teaching techniques for grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- To plan lessons in the area of conversation, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading and writing.
- How to work with people from all over the world.
- Skills that will expand your employment opportunities.
- How to handle real-world teaching situations.
TSL1900X - Theories and Methods of Language Teaching and Acquisition
TSL1910X - Structure of English and Grammar Teaching Techniques
TSL1920X - Teaching Reading and Writing
TSL1930X - Teaching Listening and Speaking
TSL1940X - Practical Issues in Second Language Pedagogy
TSL1950X - TESOL Practicum
Tuition Fees: $500 per course
Length: 220 hours / 6 months