National University’s Pre-MBA Program is intended for international students looking to advance their career by obtaining a business degree in the United States. The Pre-MBA will benefit students by introducing them to business communication skills, the American classroom environment, and give them a competitive advantage over other students in the MBA program. This program is vital for our students with limited business education or work experience as it focuses on various business concepts and practices. Furthermore, those students who have studied business in their home country will be able to improve their business knowledge while concurrently improving their English Language skills.
Who Should Attend
- Students without a business background
- Students with a business background and would like to refresh their fluency in English
- Students who wish to attend the MBA program at National University or another institution
- Students who are interested in basic knowledge in business administration
- 2-month course
- Affordable tuition
- English Language Program (ELP) Waiver
- Business and Language Skills
- Pre-MBA students will develop the business and English skills necessary to excel in graduate level courses. This program will focus on communication, writing, reading, speaking, team work, business research, and the necessary presentation skills.
- Academic Advising
- Pre-MBA students will receive advice on academia, and business professions from our International Admissions Advisors.
- Pre-MBA students may observe university classes and interact with current students and faculty.
A survey of the theories, techniques, and concepts of management in organizations and the role of the manager in business. Principles of management will be discussed along with leadership and management in practice.
Accounting & Finance
An introduction to accounting and finance for students with no previous exposure to these subjects. Students will learn the importance of both business functions and how they are related. Basic accounting theories and financial statements will be discussed.
An introduction to the concepts in the global business environment and exposure to international trade policy and procedures. Students will learn about different types of organizations that play important role in international business operations
An introduction to the concepts of marketing as well as the application of these concepts in making decisions and managing marketing activities. The course includes principle in marketing and basic knowledge in consumer behaviors.
Academic Preparation – Business Communications
For students seeking to develop and practice the essential classroom skills necessary to be successful in academic courses at an American university. The course will help prepare students for their academic research papers and presentations.
TOEFL IBT 70 – ELP Placement Exam 55
Contact International Admissions with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tuition & Fees
Application Fee - $65
Tuition Fee - $2,495 (8 weeks)
July 10, 2012
October 2, 2012
January 8, 2013
April 9, 2013
July 9, 2013
San Diego, California – Spectrum Business Park Campus
For More Information or to Apply Contact
International Student Admissions
Phone: (858) 541-7747 or (800) 986-1036