Commencement Day Information
Graduates need to check in at Exhibit Hall C Lobby no later than 1 p.m. Guests are asked to be seated no later than 1:45 p.m. Guests, including children, are not allowed in Hall C.
At Check-in you will receive your stage announcement card, indicating your name which will be read as you cross the stage.
In Exhibit Hall C, locate the banner indicating your school and type of degree to line up for the processional. During the line-up, you will receive instructions for proceeding to your respective school ceremonies following the main ceremony.
The commencement ceremony begins at 2 p.m. and ends at approximately 5 p.m. The main ceremony begins promptly at 2 pm. and ends at approximately 3:15 p.m. The individual school ceremonies immediately follow, ending at approximately 5 p.m.
Graduates will cross the stage and receive a certificate of participation during the individual school ceremony. Your actual diploma will be mailed to you after the official conferral date.
If you are an Associate or Bachelor student with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, or a Master student with a 3.85 GPA or higher at the time of commencement, you are eligible to wear a gold tassel. Please exchange your black tassel for a gold tassel the day of the ceremony in the student Check – In Area at Exhibit Hall C Lobby prior to the 1 p.m. processional line-up.
Things to Bring With You the Day of the Ceremony
- Maps and parking information (provide copies for your guests too)
- Master Students: cap, ironed gown, tassel, hood, and hood pin (included to attach hood.)
- Associate/Bachelor Students: cap, ironed gown, tassel, and stole.
- Bring $15 (minimum) cash for parking per car.
- Plan to arrive at the Convention Center no later than 1 p.m. and proceed immediately to the Check – In Area located in Exhibit Hall C, street level.