Examines basic contract principles, including formation, validity, defenses to formation, rights of third parties, performance, breach, remedies, and damages. Emphasizes case analysis and application of principles, and covers code sections from Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Restatement Second of Contracts.
- Demonstrate familiarity with core principles of contract law.
- Identify contract law issues and apply core principles of contract law to address those issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of negotiating, forming, and drafting a contract.
- Discuss appropriate remedies for breaches of contract.
- Discuss the use of memoranda and other ways to memorialize a contract.
- Recognize how ethical rules apply to paralegals in a transactional law practice.