PLX 1807X Litigation Essentials
Course DescriptionCovers civil procedure in both state and federal courts and civil litigation strategies. Emphasizes the paralegalandapos;s role in discovery, pre-trial, and trial proceedings. Includes discussion of various forms of discovery, such as depositions, interrogatories, and demands for production of documents, and introduces judgments and the appellate process.
- Discuss key concepts of civil procedure before and during trial.
- Describe the pre-trial, trial, and post-trial process.
- Identify important documents used in litigation, such as discovery, pleadings, motions, and briefs.
- Explain how privileges are used in litigation.
- Understand basic ethical principles applicable to paralegals in a litigation practice.