PLX 1809X Essentials of Criminal Law
Covers criminal law and procedure, including crimes and their defenses, constitutional protections, and criminal litigation practice.
- Discuss key principles of criminal law and procedure.
- Identify issues in a criminal law problem.
- Apply key principles of criminal law to resolve legal issues.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the important elements of and defenses to crimes.
- Explain how the U.S. Constitution impacts criminal law and procedure.
- Understand basic ethical principles applicable to paralegals in a criminal law practice.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.