PLX 1808X Essentials of Corporate Law
Examines the formation, operation, and dissolution of various types of corporate entities. Introduces students to common corporate documents, securities, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Discuss key principles of corporate law.
- Identify issues in a corporate law problem.
- Apply key principles of corporate law to resolve legal issues.
- Demonstrate familiarity with important documents in corporate law, including articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, and documents relating to stock, liquidation and dissolution.
- Understand basic ethical principles applicable to paralegals in a corporate law practice.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.