PMTX2210X MT/PT II
Lead Faculty: Mr. William Hyder
Extensive instruction in the theory and practicum of topside and underwater survey inspections using the magnetic particle process and topside inspection using the dye penetrate process. Gain knowledge in the process of identifying, evaluating, and categorizing discontinuities with respect to their acceptance or rejection in accordance with industry codes and standards.
- Describe the steel manufacturing and welding processes and the discontinuities associated with them.
- Describe the responsibilities, documents, and tools of welding inspectors.
- Discuss the six most common NDT methods and ASNT requirements for qualification and certification.
- Discuss the theory of magnetization used in the NDT industry.
- Calculate the current requirements for the different magnetic fields.
- Operate the different types of magnetic particle testing equipment and explain their advantages and disadvantages.
- Describe and compare the various dye Penetrant testing techniques and their advantages and disadvantages
- Describe and perform the basic steps of the dye Penetrant testing.
- Evaluate test specimens using magnetic particle and dye penetrate testing in accordance with various industry codes.