PMTX1060X Underwater Inspection & Survey
Lead Faculty: Mr. William Hyder
Conducting underwater inspections using nondestructive methods underwater and on the surface, elements of nondestructive testing: visual testing, magnetic particle, dye penetrate, and ultrasonic testing will be explored. This course of Visual Weld Inspection is a foundation course and serves as preparatory course for American Welding Society Certified Weld Inspector.
- Describe various underwater inspection methods.
- Explain the safety issues and operation of a hydroblaster.
- Describe the operational safety issues and diver involvement when working with remote operated vehicles (ROV).
- Explain and demonstrate the ability to perform underwater surveys and data collection using a variety of survey methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to use underwater video and still digital photography, and to download captured images and insert the data into various software programs for presentation.
- Explain the use of the various non destructive methods used underwater by divers: magnetic particle testing MT, ultrasonic testing UT, and radiation testing RT.