CLS1210X Urinalysis Didactic Lectures
The Urinalysis Didactic Lectures are designed to reinforce and strengthen the practical in-laboratory trainee experience by providing didactic lecture subjects that cover essential areas in urinalysis such as clinical microscopy, chemical analysis, crystal analysis, and analytical skills..
- Log in daily workload without error..
- State necessary requirements for collection of 5 different types of urine specimens..
- Organize specimens for adequacy and efficacy.
- Test sample either manually or automated.
- Perform instrument maintenance and Quality control procedures..
- Describe physical appearance of sample.
- Perform chemical determinations on sample and accurately interpret results.
- Perform and interpret confirmatory tests (clinitest, icto test, acetest)..
- Microscopic examination of specimens with identification of all formed elements found in sample.
- Examine crystals and identify.
- Identify bacteria, yeast, parasites.
- Correlate findings and pathological disease state of the patient.
- Perform daily Quality control and record results to include proficiency testing results.