CTEX1199X Supervised Teaching
Lead Faculty: Dr. Thomas J. Doyle
Supervised Teaching consists of a minimum of one term (as defined by the employer). Units: 1) school site classroom orientation and responsibilities, 2) learning environment and classroom management, 3) assessment and evaluation, and 4) lesson design and differentiated instruction. Grading is S or U.
4.5 quarter units; $525
Contact 800.NAT.UNIV with questions or to register today!
Upon successful completion of CTEX 1199X students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fulfillment of professional dispositions by fulfilling responsibilities and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrate effective classroom management techniques and provide a positive learning environment for students
- Assess student learning by using multiple assessment to determine the needs of ELL, special needs, and gifted students
- Differentiate and provide instruction that meets the unique needs of all learners
- Demonstrate ways to adapt content standards based on learners with diverse needs
- Reflect on their teaching performance; identify areas of strength and areas of need; and determine student learning needs