Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units
The ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training defines a proven model for developing effective and valuable continuing education and training (CE/T) programs. Because the Standard focuses on how learning programs are developed, not what they cover, it provides a framework of best practices that can be applied across disciplines and industries.
What Does the Standard Measure?
The ANSI/IACET Standard measures all aspects of a CE/T provider’s program development across ten nationally recognized categories:
- Continuing Education and Training Organization
- Responsibility and Control
- The Learning Environment and Support Systems
- Learning Event Planning
- Learning Outcomes
- Planning and Instructional Personnel
- Content and Instructional Methods Assessment of Learning Outcomes System for Awarding CEUs and Maintaining Learner Records
- Program Evaluation
The standard categories provide organizations with the framework to adhere to quality CE/T practices.
A systematic approach to identifying and analyzing learning needs, the ANSI/IACET Standard helps CE/T providers:
- Establish an appropriate responsibility and control system
- Design, plan and execute a quality learning event
- Establish appropriate assessment criteria based on the learning outcomes
- Monitor and improve the learning process in order to achieve its objectives.
The ANSI/IACET Standard also emphasizes the importance of continually reviewing and improving education and training, to ensure the development of quality programs that meet consumer needs.