SOC385 Methods of Social Inquiry
Lead Faculty: Dr. Lorna L. Zukas
Research design and methods including survey, network, experiment, qualitative, quantitative, and collection, organization and interpretation of research data.
- Analyze the interrelationship between the development of social theory and the methodologies of data collection.
- Formulate a well-constructed research question and explain the data source necessary to answer the question.
- Develop a methodology for the collection and dissemination of qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Understand the intricacies of non-participant and participant observation, and the skills needed for successful open-ended interviewing.
- Demonstrate sound competency with the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences.
- Demonstrate research report writing and presentation skills.
- Develop an awareness of the political and ethical issues involved in social research.