SOC327 Arab Culture
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramin Sarraf
This course will introduce the students to the major aspects of Arab culture, civilization, and history from pre-Islamic times to the present. Social composition of the Arab world and the issue of national identity will be stressed. The transformation of Arabic society will be considered in this course.
- Recognize and define the characteristics of 'Arab Culture.'
- Compare and contrast Arab and American Cultures.
- Differentiate the Arab Culture versus Cultures.
- Recognize Arab contribution to World Civilization and its importance.
- Display familiarity with Linguistic, Religious, Ethnic, Social and Cultural diversities of the Arab World.