POL499 Capstone Seminar in Politics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shak Hanish
The subject of the capstone seminar is to emphasize the study of some aspect of the political science discipline. Students will critically review various concepts,
theories, approaches and methodologies and will employ a particular theory and methodology to research and write a substantial research paper involving critical literature review. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Identify major concepts and issues in the field of political science.
- Analyze political science literature with reference to a particular national or global issue.
- Produce a clear outline of the intended research.
- Conduct online research effectively and efficiently.
- Write an effective integrative research paper.
- Explain plagiarism and demonstrate how to properly proceed with research and writing methodologies.