POL350 International Relations
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shak Hanish
A survey of the nature of the international system and the theoretical framework used by political scientists to examine it; in particular, this course focuses on the decision-making process within the international arena. International negotiation and decision-making are utilized.
- Identify and analyze the theoretical models of the international politics system.
- Identify major elements of foreign policy and the key actors involved in this process.
- Analyze important political processes, such as decision making, political and economic development, and political violence in the international environment.
- Identify alternative theories in international relations and their importance in the decision-making process.
- Examine the patterns of cooperation, competition, and conflict among countries in the international environment.