POL100 Introduction to Politics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shak Hanish
A broad overview of the field of political science including main issues and central questions studies by political scientists and methods used to gain knowledge about politics. A survey course designed to acquaint the student with selective concepts, theories, and of political process.
- Describe and compare the basic concepts, principles, and terms common to meaningful political inquiry.
- Critically analyze rules or generalizations about the nature, process, and relationships among various political phenomena.
- Describe the major sub-fields of the discipline of political science and compare the most important methodologies employed by political scientists in the observation and critical analysis of political phenomena.
- Describe and critically analyze the values and ideologies of selected political system with special emphasis on democratic theory and the United States.
- Compare and contrast American political values and constitutional principles, both stated and actual, to the values and primary principles of other political systems.